Saturday, June 18, 2011

Horizontal Stabilator Finished - 8 hours, 77 total so far

My in-laws have come over to visit for the summer and I'll be taking a bit more time off work for socializing, and hopefully some aircraft construction :)
My father-in-law repaired aircraft for the RAF and is a metalworker by trade, so I am really hoping to learn a lot and get my skills up to snuff with his help.
He worked on huge monster aircraft Blackburn_Beverley so my little -12 should be a doddle.
Still, regardless of the size difference, it's amazing how similar the construction techniques are even after 50 years.

So, another hard days work saw the end of the horizontal stabilator section and I am now ready to start the tailcone which will pretty much finish this first rv-12 kit off, which is perfect timing since Vans says the wing kit is due for delivery next week.

Barry pulling the last rivets:

The hedgehog impression:

Right side done:

All done

Hinges attached, torqued and sealed

No comments:

Post a Comment