Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wings skeletons complete. 12 hours - 192 hours total

After all the time spent in preparation with the wing ribs, it was really nice to finally see some progress.
The  priming of all the pieces went smoothly, I am getting much better at that bit.
And the assembly goes very quickly and easily with most of the rivets being the LP4-4 blind type.

Here are all the ribs straightened and painted ready for assembly

Assembly of the rear ribs was really easy

And I did both wings at the same time

That went so well, and so quick and easy that I just went right on and finished the front ribs also, for both wings.

Next step is to prep all the wing skins, which will take a little while since there are thousands of holes to deburr.
I also need to order some more primer.
Once that's done the rest of the assembly of the wings should go pretty quick.
I should really order the next kit now otherwise I'll have nothing to do !

No comments:

Post a Comment