Sunday, October 14, 2012

12 hours total 612

This weekend I put together the canopy frame.
The frame is a pre welded part but there are lots of edges to debur and a few extra pieces to make.
But this is a rewarding job, the big canopy really makes a difference and it's starting to look like an actual cockpit now.

Attachment angles have to be fabricated and the curve matched to the frame.


Then the frame needs to be secured in place using wood blocks as spacers.

Next week I'll match drill the canopy bubble and add the finishing touches.

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed your build blog. Would you be willing to write a Tools entry? I just ordered my RV-12 tail and wing kits plus the Cleaveland toolkit. Also a pneumatic Cleco gun. Apparently I should buy a drill press, bandsaw....

    Thanks!
    Greg

    ReplyDelete