Sunday, April 24, 2011

First day of real work 3 more hours Total 6 hours so far

Well Saturday turned out to be a busy day finishing stuff around the house, trips to the dump etc. so I didn't get started with the build until the evening.
I managed to get all the parts laid out for the Vertical Stabilizer (VS) then spent a few hours match drilling, final drilling and deburring as directed in the plans.

Here we are all ready to start building: plans open, cup of tea at the ready :)

So, first day, first mistake, I had the lower spar doublers the wrong way around and match drilled the first holes in the wrong place, DOH !
oh well,  at least I learned how to order replacement parts from Vans ! (super easy thank goodness)
I'll have to wait to rivet all this together until I get the replacement parts, hopefully they will arrive in time for next weekend.

Here's the VS Spar clecoed together with the doublers in the correct orientation !

I didn't rivet the rudder hinges yet, because I'm still figuring out what I'm doing about priming.
Tomorrow (Easter Sunday) if I get time, I'll move along in the plans and see how far I can get without the rear spar riveted.

No comments:

Post a Comment