Sunday, March 11, 2012

more fueslage assembly 6 hours, 356 total

Today I drilled out the rivets on the nutplates that I incorrectly installed yesterday, wasn't too bad, I'm getting quite good at fixing my mistakes now :)
All the rivets came out nicely and didn't enlarge any of the holes, so putting in the new, correct nutplates was also an easy task.

After that I just did a few more steps from the plans, not much to show for it really, a few little bits more assembled.

I cut the hinges that attach the seats and machined all the countersink holes on the 2 forward bulkheads.
That pretty much completes all the machining work for this section and I should be able to assemble quite a lot of large bits very quickly in the next step :)

I was hoping to get that assembly done today, but I stopped for a roast beef dinner :) yum, not going back to work after that !

No photos today, but next time we should see most of the fuselage interior framework completed.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your cold is better. Keep going... you'll have it built before you know it. Best, Thomas

    ReplyDelete